Thursday, March 15, 2012

Welcome back from Spring Break !

Welcome back from spring break!  I fully intended to do a bunch of homework in advance of this week, I even started with reading a few things about Jing.  Jing if you don't already know is a screen capture tool that allows you to capture video and audio from your computer desktop.  Jing is useful for creating short how-to videos.  

I used Jing to create a video of how to adjust the camera in the Persistance of Vision Raytracing (POV-Ray) scene language.  POV-Ray is a freeware tool that allows you to create photo realistic 3-D images.  Take a look at the Hall of Fame Gallery on the POV-Ray Website. To get POV-Ray, visit their website at http://www.povray.org/

I will post the video to my blog within  a few days.  It seems the hosting company http://www.screencast.com/ is experiencing technical difficulties with their servers.  Therefore I'm out of luck for posting my video tonight.  I attempted to post it to Photobucket, but they too were crashing.  The video is 68MB in size, so it's fairly large, but not so much that It should create such a difficulty to view on a high-speed connection.

More to come, and thanks for watching.

James

*** UPDATE ***  I've embedded the screencast code below, and I hope it works.  I will apologize in advance, the code in POV-Ray is fairly small, so I used a large screen capture size.  Unfortunately this screen size might not fit nicely into the pretty columns in this Blog.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment